Sunday, April 7, 2013

Final-ly

A month of daily classes at the University of Classic with Style, weekends included.  Countless hours practicing runway formations, studying notes, and doing homework assignments.  Weeks of telling both my RL and SL families, "I can't tonight, I have class."  Then it all seemed like an early April Fool's joke.  All this hard work was supposed to culminate in a final exam, a demonstration of how well I absorbed the mountain of information received in lectures, notes, and runway formation practice.  I waited nearly a week to be notified of the scheduled time for my final exam, but heard nothing.  So I went on a long-overdue vacation with my RL family, and tried to put the whole experience behind me.

Yes, the Lindens had struck again, sending the pertinent communications into cyberspace rather than into my IM box/notecard inventory.  A most patient Janet Brink, Dean of the University, contacted me to schedule my final for Saturday, April 6, at 9 a.m. SLT.  Unfortunately in the intervening weeks I had lost most of the confidence I had in my modeling abilities, and spent the night before the exam practicing, and checking my prim placements over and over, rather than sleeping.  When the scheduled time arrived, I definitely wasn't my best, and I'm sure it showed.  I was confused by the directions given, compounded by being instructed not to ask questions.  I truly felt I stumbled my way through the entire exam, and do not feel I gave the best demonstration of my abilities.

One of the tests was a character test, to revert to "Ruth", the basic Linden avatar form.  At that moment I truly felt like a "noob", stumbling my way through.

Then the second part of the final exam was announced, to blog both my final exam experience, and write a blog of the CWS runways (see above).  Of all the skills I learned throughout the month of lessons, blogging is my weakest point.  I enjoyed learning new skills, had a great time learning the formations and making new friends, but in the end, I don't feel I'll have proven I was indeed a good student.

No comments:

Post a Comment